This document comes without warranty of any kind! I do not issue any guarantee that this will work for you!
NOTEI have tried this on a desktop computer with an NVIDIA GeForce 8200. It should work the same way with all other NVIDIA graphics cards.Step 1. Enabling NVIDIA Driver
1. To use 3D effects on an NVIDIA graphics card, we need the proprietary NVIDIA driver which we can install from the Additional Drivers tool. The Additional Drivers tool can be started from System > Administration > Additional Drivers:
2. The Additional Drivers tool should tell you that there are NVIDIA graphics drivers available for your system – select the recommended one. To install it, click on Activate.
3. Type in your password, afterwards the NVIDIA driver is being downloaded and installed.
4. The Additional Drivers tool should now tell you that a system restart is required to activate the driver. Click on Close to leave the Additional Drivers tool and reboot your system.
Your system should be using the NVIDIA driver after rebooting. Good!
Step 2. Installing CompizFusion
To get a better and fun configuration using the CompizFusion, you should installing Simple Compizconfig Setting Manager (SCSM). Just installed via:
1. Go to System > Preferences > Appearance
2. select Custom on the Visual Effects tab. To configure Compiz Fusion, you can now either click on the Preferences button.
or just simple go to System > Preferences > CompizConfig Settings Manager. Both will bring up the CompizConfig Settings Manager. You can now configure Compiz Fusion to your likings like this:
Be a ware!
Tips: Fun with Keyboard Shortcut
SUPER+SHIFT+DRAG LEFT MOUSE = draw fire
SUPER+SHIFT+C = clear fire
CTRL+ALT+DRAG LEFT MOUSE = rotate cube
CTRL+ALT+LEFT ARROW = rotate cube
CTRL+ALT+DOWN ARROW = flat desktop
SHIFT+ALT+UP = initiate window picker
CTRL+ALT+DOWN = unfold cube
ALT+TAB = window switch
SUPER+TAB = flip switcher or ring switcher, depending on which is enabled.
ALT+F7 = initiate ‘move windows’
SHIFT+F9 = water effect
SHIFT+F10 = slow animations
CTRL+ALT+D = show desktop
Sign up here with your email